Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Welcome to my new Blog

Hi and welcome to my new blog.... VR Puppet Builds ! I'm pretty excited to get all this going its been an idea of mine for some time now. The last few days have been setting up internet info, making new accounts etc ...... not so much of the fun stuff.
 I first started making puppets back in 2004 and was inspired by a guy called Wayne in our church conference and to this day he still has a passion for christian puppet ministry. He says its a way of spreading Christianity and is a powerful tool! I totally agree because the years that my husband and I ran "Our Hands for Him" Christian puppet ministry we seen God move in many ways and if you are considering starting one I would say step forward in faith! We did and were amazed by how God guided.... from getting supplies to opening the hearts of the community. Although now we don't run the group I still see how a puppet can reach someone in a way sometimes we can't.
 Over the years I have ran workshops with school and church groups on how to build a puppet where they all end up making there own....crazy busy sessions they are! people have asked me to make puppets for them.... from schools, church groups and individual presents for people. I have to say a huge thank you to my husband for believing in all my big ideas, sometimes he must think I'm pretty crazy but he never says so just gets in and helps. Our kids also gave us 100% support and were often the backbone of things happening. Dave has his own walk around stage and worked his first puppet in it called "Cheeky" which was our sons puppet at the time.....by the way he is great at working a puppet, he has two different voices that he has mastered and some years ago now asked me to make him his own puppet. His name is sneaky! He took him shopping to buy him a new shirt and all.... ok ...I waited out side ;) LOL....... these days sneaky is not in the spotlight so much but keeps an eye on the workings of Dave's hobbies. Check out the pics  :)


So my purpose for this blog,YouTube channel, Face Book page,(don't forget to press like) Pinterest etc is to share with you what I have learnt over the years of puppet organizing, supplies, building and some performing, although I like the creative side of things best.... I also have an Etsy store under way which will soon have puppets for sale.
I thank God for the gifts He has given me and still to this day don't understand how I can sew a puppet and not much else! LOL sadly true.......
So stay tuned I have a video coming up of how to sew a human shaped nose onto your puppet and a few free nose patterns. Be sure not to miss a thing by subscribing and or becoming a follower! Until then happy puppeting!
Valita x
and a last thought 
Don't sit around waiting for God to do something
that he has already given you the power to do!


1 comment:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I have just discovered your puppet blog - I have no idea why it took me so long to do so as I follow your papercraft blog all the time! As a dollmaker I love that you make the puppets and also your tutorials are wonderful! I have put this blog in my favorites next to Valita's Designs & Fresh Folds so that I don't miss another post! Wishing you a great day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane