Sunday, June 16, 2013

Making a fur wig cap for a puppet

Hi all, I was so happy with the way my long plush fake fur came out as puppet hair and had to share with you how I did it........ probably not a new idea but I hate wasting this stuff as it can be very expensive!
When using long pile fur make sure it is running in the direction up and over the head, this way you can slick the hair back or fluff it up!
I cut out a square around the size on the puppets head I want to cover, you could do this with some old fabric first to make a pattern. Then with some sharp fabric scissors make small snips (making sure to only cut the base fabric and not the fur) cutting off each corner and a V shape at the back edge. I don't like the look of raw edges on fur hair it just looks half done and cheap.....so crank up your hot glue gun and glue a small hem all the way around and closing up your V cut, this way you will end up with a nice concave shape that will fit well over a round headed puppet. Again just adjust the sizes of everything to fit your own needs.I then hot glued mine to the head but you could also sew it on. LOL I know what my husband will say .... can I have one of those!  :) 
Here are some details for you to save ........ and check my video (yes I was in my PJs but hey its cold here atm ;) don't forget to press like, subscribe or just say hi  :) happy puppeting!


and a last thought
He will cover you with his feathers. 
He will shelter you with his wings. 
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Psalm 91:4

 

No comments: